Question
Posted by: Ziggy | 2012/05/03

Castration

I have posted this on the transgender link, but thought I would also post here.

I am right at the beginning of transitioning from male to female. Began councelling sessions, so it still very early days for me, and it is a very scary but exciting path.

I am 47 years old. My question is on the subject of castration: I would very much like to be castrated as part of the process of transition, but mainly to stop the flow of testosterone, which I find oppressing me and encourages this build up of rage (especially in traffic!). What are the side effects of castration, such as mood swings, body fat, etc, without starting hormone therapy?

I'm worried at what you say - nobody could be in any way professionally or expertly counselling you and preparing you for transgender transition, let alone any possibility opf surgery, without having discussed all this in detail. Counselling, also, needs to be dealing with the rage issues and the way you seem to find testosterone "oppressive". You cannot even contemplate castration without seeing and being reviewed by a surgeon specializing in such work, and he would have to explore all these issues with you long before deciding whether surgery would be appropriate. I'm not keen to provide a bald answer here OUT of context, and aside from the cousnelling and professional discussions you should be already involved in.

2