Question
Posted by: malusi | 2010/11/03

cast

I have a cast on my right wrist(sprained tendons)until 6th Dec,I do not want to stop exercising and Gym, what is safe for me to exercise and will my wrist get a negative effect from jogging?

Hi Malusi

Sorry to hear of your injury.

I think you'll find that you can do most activities in the gym, barring the heavy lifting (but even that might be possible for some movements). Certainly, running, leg exercises, anything that doesn't use the affected wrist will be possible.

So yes, it's safe and I would recommend that you keep going as normal. Just be careful with the weight training, if you were doing it, because that's really all you can do to aggravate it further. Everything else should be 100% OK.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/11/12

Hi Malusi

Sorry to hear of your injury.

Reply to fitnessdoc