Question
Posted by: visitor | 2009/10/21

Carrying baby on back - does it affect development of feet?

My daugher is 20 months old. The nanny carries her on her back (spreads her legs to either side of her) to put her to sleep. I have noticed that when the baby walks (still toddling) one of her feet faces inwards. It is not straight. she only wears soft shoes with soft soles (shoeshoes) to promote healthy foot developlement.

Could the fact that she is carried on the nanny' s back often be causing her foot to face inwards? Does this affect development of feet?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Visitor

It is unlikely that your daughter's foot is being affected by being carried on your nannie's back. It is also too early to assess your daugther's feet. It is quite normal for feet to be facing inward in early develpomental stages. Once your child is walking and running you will be able to see if this is affecting her and if anything needs to be done about it.

Chris

2
Posted by: John | 2009/11/18

My son' s feet were also faces inside. He had to wear boots to fix it!

Reply to John
Posted by: Foot expert | 2009/10/23

Dear Visitor

Chris

Reply to Foot expert