Question
Posted by: Bunny | 2009/07/06

Carrots

I' ve read that eating too much carrots is bad for you and can actually turn you orange? Is this true and how much is too much? I like chewing on raw carrots during the day.

Dear Bunny
Carrots are certainly an excellent food being rich in beta-carotene and other protective nutrients. However, excessive carrot intake can cause yellowing of the skin and eyes due to excessive beta-carotene intake which is a yellow or orange compound. So please don't overdo your carrot intake. No matter how healthy any food is, overdoing your intake can potentially also be harmful. Eat carrots in moderation as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
Enjoy