Posted by: Carrots | 2009-06-30

Hello doctor

My body craves raw carrots everyday. I don' t eat carrots every single day but I have carrots with most dinners and I will eat maybe 5 in one go. Is my body lacking something? At least I can enjoy the benefits of fresh veggies. I just read the article on the home page about breast cancer and how eating carrots can benefit.

Dear Carrots
Carrots are certainly an excellent food being rich in beta-carotene and other protective nutrients. However, excessive carrot intake can cause yellowing of the skin and eyes due to excessive beta-carotene intake which is a yellow or orange compound. So please don't overdo your carrot intake. No matter how healthy any food is, overdoing your intake can potentially also be harmful. Eat carrots in moderation as part of a healthy, balanced diet.