Question
Posted by: Richard Haigh | 2011-04-14

Carpil Tunnel

At night I suffer from the thumb and next two fingers on both hands going extreamly numb! this wakes me and I have to hold my arms down by my side,untill the numbness goes, this does not happen every night but is becoming more oftern, my daughter in law said it is Carpil Tunnel as she go it when she was pregnant, what can I do about this? is there any medication, as she said i must go for an opperation.
I look forward to your advise.
Richard haigh

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Richard.

Yes your symptoms do sound like carpal tunnel syndrome, but there is no link between carpal tunnel and the heart. (The only thing carpal tunnel and cardiology have in common that I can think of is the first three letters of their names!)

My advice would be to see a hand surgeon. If he/she confirms the diagnosis the problem can be easily fixed with a minor operation.

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011-04-18

Hi Richard.

Reply to Cardiologist