Posted by: Jo | 2008-11-17

Carpel Tunnel

Hello, for the last month i have been getting numbess, tingling and pins and needles with my right hand, it happens alot during the night and also in the day when i do certaint things at work. I sometimes cannot feel my hand and have to give it a good shake. It happens more in my right hand than the left. Sometimes it feels like i dont have any strength in it. My doctor said i should just ignore it but it is disturbing me and very uncomfortable. What would you advise? Regards

Hi Jo
You can't ignore it if your hand doesn't want to work! Get an opinion from an orthopedic surgeon - he may ask you to get a test at a neurologist to see which nerve is getting pinched - called a nerve conduction velocity test, before deciding whether you need an operation to relieve the pressure on the nerve as it runs in the tunnel over the wrist.