Question
Posted by: Megan | 2008/08/08

Carpel Tunnel

I am 30 weeks pregnant. I am suffering badly for pregnancy carpel tunnel syndrow, my gynie told me that I have it. For the last couple of mornings (4am) Im waking up in such pain, my hands / arms take up 2 an hour 2 get back 2 normal. Is there anything that I can do?

You could see a physiotherapist.

1
Posted by: Madam | 2008/08/08

Hi Megan

My mom had an operation 2 years ago (she' s 55) to relieve the symptoms of carpel tunnel syndrome. She also had it in her hands and would wake up with pain in her hands, and some temporary paralysis as her nerves were pinched. Speak to your Dr after you' ve given birth. You' ll be needing to work a lot with your hands having a baby, so I would think you' ll need full function of your hands.

Reply to Madam