Posted by: cally | 2009-02-25

carpal tunnel?

How do I know if I' m developing carpal tunnel problems?
My right thumb joint (I' m right handed, and my work involved a lot of writing) has been sore for some time, and recently when I write the pain starts going up into my hand, wrist and arm. I have crohns disease, which may have caused inflammation, but I' ve never experienced this before. With the crohns, the joint pains come and go, they don' t stay for weeks on end.
I' m a little reluctant to go to the doctor, as I' m so tired of hospitals and long, drawn out treatments.

Dear Cally
no it sounds more as if you have inflammation in the tendon of the thumb, may be due to writing or typing ( De Quervain's tendonitis) It may help to use an anti-inflammatory medication like Voltaren jel and see a physiotherapist?