Question
Posted by: TLC | 2012/01/25

Career choices

Hi Doc,

Im needing some advice regarding my career and relevant degree to study. I am drawn to psychology and have decided to pursue a career in training/ teaching, mostly adults. Like perhaps an employee trainer but also have aspiration to educate those in rural condiditions including children in my personal capacity (not for an employer) so would like that option to remain open. However I am also very keen on a career in counseling. I did some googling and found that a Doctor of education in counselling psychology would be perfect and allow felixibility. My dillemma is when I went to UNISA to look for this degree they dont have one, turns out its an American degree.

In your proffesional opinion what degree offered by UNISA would best match a Doctor of education in counselling psychology?

(I''ve googled my eyes squint :) and just seem to be hitting a wall)

Thanks,
Tarrin

TLC is an excellent signature for a psychologist or teacher ! I would think UNISA ought to have an advice service about what degrees they do offer, and what career opportunities those degrees would offer. Have you tried calling UNISA or exploring their web-site ? They surely offer degrees in counselling psychology, or something very like it, maybe not in the faculty of education.

1