Question
Posted by: Linx | 2011/03/28

Carecross

Hi Cybershrink

My medical aid only allows me to go to Carecross doctors. I''ve been on the Carecross website but can''t find any psychiatrists on the site. I really need to speak to someone as I am feeling very despressed. So much so that I dream the most horrible things and that causes me to get very little sleep.

I live in the northern suburbs in Cape Town. If you can prehaps give me a few numbers or even a website I can consult.

If you need to see a psychiatrist, then any competent and ethical Carecross doctor yopu see should refer you to a psychiarist. Any medical Aid that does NOT provide proper access to psychiatric care when its needed, is inadequate. YOu could also try to public hospital route, as there are good departments of psychiatry at UCT and Stellenbosch

2

Posted by: R2D2 | 2011/03/28

See a Care cross GP first - if u need a shrink he will refer u.

Reply to R2D2