Posted by: sandra | 2009-12-05

Cardiovascular risk

I went for a total health screaning, my cholestrol, liver profile, kidney profile is normal, my concern is the hs-CRP cardiovascular risk is 1.6, which is in the medium i at risk to get a sudden heart attack? what can i do to get it down, the doc sugested drinking evening primrose oil? is that enough? further more i have been diagnosed with barlow syndrome, does the 2 go hand in hand????

Barlow's Syndrome is a risk for cardiac arrest (very rare). Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation about Barlow's Syndrome, the treatment and complications thereof:

The risks for cardiac disease are as the follows:

* Family history of cardiac disease
* Diabetes melitus
* Smoking
* Hypertension (high blood pressure)
* High cholestrol levels

Discuss these risk factors with your doctor. It does not appear to me that you any of these risk factors.

Please refer to the following link to understand the role of CRP levels:

It is a non-spesific marker of cardiovascular disease, as there are many other causes for a raised CRP.