Question
Posted by: Marcelle | 2012/02/11

Cardio question

Dear Dr. Could you perhpas comment.

Over the years I have sporadic pains in my chest, hard to pinpoint where exactly. could be the centre / or heart area not sure.. Very sharp needle like pains coinciding with my heartbeat. It gets so severe that I almost lose my breath for the seconds it occurs..... a burning pain elbow area. and it then disappears.

A few years ago I had gone for a checkup for insurance purposes and nothing seemed to be wrong. I am told that I have Hypertension and only recently have gone onto chronic meds that are having side effects on me.

Any comment would be appreciated..
thank you!

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Marcelle,

Not knowing your age I really can’t comment except to say that the pain you describe is not at all like heart pain. If you have high blood pressure (hypertension) you will probably need drug therapy, but the whole idea of therapy should be to achieve normal blood pressure without side effects. If you think you are having side effects please see your doctor.

Best wishes, JT

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2012/02/29

Dear Marcelle,

Best wishes, JT

Reply to Cardiologist