Question

Cardio exercise for losing weight

Hi, I want to find out, I have an exercise bicycle at home and weights. I exercise on the bike for 40minutes a day and every second day weight training. Now the problem is I really need to lose on my lower body, and I am afraid of bulking up. Is this sufficient or do I need another form of exercise if I want to lose on my hips, butt and thighs? Thank you.

No, that sounds like a good start. It's the target for weight loss using cardio, after all, so that is good.

I think you need not worry about bulking up if you stick to cardio and relatively light weights. You build muscle and get bulky from doing heavy weights, not lighter weights, so just keep that in mind and you should get the responses you need.

Remember that it takes time, and patience, and a good diet, so give it all of those things as well!

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/04/14

Reply to fitnessdoc