Question
Posted by: madelein | 2009-01-23

Cardio and Strenght Training combination

Does it matter if you do your cardio session after your strengh training session?

My husband and I both do strength training for about 40 - 50 minutes and cardio for 20 minutes. I want to loose weight and he wants to build muscle. He does his cardio before strenght training and I prefer do mine after the strengh training. Does it matter when we do the cardio?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Madelein

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It will be best to seperate cardio and strength training. For you, I recommend that you extend your cardio session to at least one hour, four times a week and two seperate days for toning exercises for an hour.

Kind regards