Question
Posted by: LJ | 2009/11/19

Cardio

I am trying to lose weight, so I exercise 5 times per week. 30 min weekdays, 1 hour weekends. At this point I do 20 min Cardio, then 5 Condition, 5 stretch. Will it be better for me do stop the condition at this moment, and just concentrate on cardio till I lose the extra fat?

Hi LJ

I think you might look at doing that on at least 2 of the 5 training days, but not all. This is a long term "venture", one that will take time and so you don't want to be changing too often. Stick with something that will work in the long term. However, you're right that a focus on cardio will help and so certainly, I think that twice a week, you'll be better off doing 45 minutes of cardio. You might find that you really enjoy this, in which case you can do it more often - enjoyment always beats theory, in my book.

So try it out, see how it goes, and give it time!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/21

Hi LJ

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc