Question
Posted by: Annie | 2012/09/03

Cardiac stent

8 months ago, I had a mild heart attack, received a drug eluting stent for a 70% blockage. Since then, I almost daily have a feeling of breathing ice cold air, the feeling is so strong sometimes, I feel i want to pass out. Am on Clopidogrel, ecotrin Cardicor, statins, and xanor(for anxiety attacks) which i had prior to heart attack.
I am female, 61. Cardiologist assures me all other arteries are fine, no blockages What could be causing this " cold air"  feeling?
I have stopped the statins for a mont, on my cardiologist''s suggetsion (due to severe side effects) so it could not be the statins causing the cold air feeling, as I still got it while I was off the statins.
Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks in advance

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Annie

I am sorry I don’t have any idea what causes your feeling of breathing ice-cold air. It is not a symptom of heart disease, nor for that matter of any condition with which I am familiar. Do you not think it may be simply due to anxiety? I see that you are taking Xanor for anxiety attacks.

After having a stent many people become much more aware of symptoms that they would otherwise ignore. From what you tell me you are going to do very well. You did not have a severe blockage, you had a successful stent, and the other arteries are in good condition. My guess is that this strange symptom will soon disappear spontaneously.

Best wishes, JT.

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2012/09/07

Hi Annie

Best wishes, JT.

Reply to Cardiologist