Question
Posted by: Missy | 2012/01/20

Carbs

IM TRYing to lose weight and I have decided to cut Carbs for the first 3 weeks to kick start my weightloss. i KNOW u dont agree with cutting food groups But I feel I need to this for the first 3 weeks only. mY QUESTION IS - IS PUMKIN without the butter abad idea ?? is it full of carbs like potato ??? please help.

Dear Missy
I hope that you also understand why I disapproved of removing a macronutrient such as carbohydrate from your diet. Carbs are the best fuel for the human body to ensure that you can do plenty of physical exercise and don't develop cravings. Carbs also have the lowest energy content (16 kJ/gram) of all the macronutrients (for example, fat provides 37 kJ per gram - quite a difference!!). Pumpkin is an excellent idea at any time! It is low in kJ at 85 kJ/100g, and contains some beta-carotene, only 2.9 g of carbs/100g, and 93.7% water.
Please be careful with your carb cutting.

1

Dear Missy