Posted by: Michelle | 2009-09-04

Dear Diet doc,

I want to know if what i' m eating, will help me lose weight:
For breakfast i will eat wwheat pronutro / high fibre bran and have fat free milk with that, the other mornings, i will have 2 slices of low gi bread with lean ham or low fat melrose or egg - I alternate my breakfasts everyday.

For lunch: a portion of lleft over supper, i.e: mince &  veggies / macaroni &  cheese (low fat) / chicken &  veggies / fish &  veggies. Now that it' s almost summer, i plan of having salads....

For dinner: will be the same as lunch with veggies

My snacks throughout the day is: strawberries with fat free yoghurt / provitas with tomatoes or fishpaste and apples.

Is this way of eating correct? Will i be able to lose weight? I started working out...plan to work out 3 - 4 days a week.

Dear Michelle
The foods that you list for your diet are generally low in fat, as long as your portions are not so large that your total energy intake for a day exceeds about 6300 kJ then you should be able to lose weight with this diet. The fact that you are also going to do exercise will assist with the process.
Good luck with the weightloss