Posted by: mags | 2008-11-26

I really dont know anything about carbs, proteins etc.but I see that steve said in his answer to no 788 that fruit are carbs,is it really??so we must be very careful how much we eat,I am a fruit and veg addict.

Dear Mags
I did not read what Steve said, but I can deduct that he was propagating a low- or zero-carb diet which is not a healthy option. Carbohydrates occur in most foods and fruits and vegetables contain some carbs - for example potatoes have a high starch content and sweet grapes have a high sugar content. You can eat all fruits and vegetables as part of a balanced diet even if you are losing weight. I would rather use fruit and vegetables that are bursting with protective vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre and phytonutrients to slim than to eat a high-fat, high-protein diet!
Enjoy your fruit and veg