Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010/07/08

Carboxytherapy

Dear Dr.
Is this treatment available yet in South Africa for firming the skin and what is your opinion on it''s effectiveness?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mary, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

Carboxy therapy is available in SA but I am not convinced of its effectiveness. As far as I am aware no double blind randomized studies with skin biopsies have been done to prove its claimed abilities. I am very hesitant with ‘technologies’ that claim to treat cellulite, skin laxity, dark circles, wrinkles, diabetic ulcers, etc. It sounds too good to be true?

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/07/16

Reply to anti-ageing expert