Question
Posted by: Noeline | 2009/12/01

Car Accident

My husband was involved in bad car accident 2 years ago. ICU, Fractured Sternum and several broken bones in his left hand.

He has had pain since the incident and it does not seem to be getting better with time. He complains of a pulling/pain sensation in his chest all the time, back ache and the same dull pain his hand.

Headaches are a daily occurence, not sure if this is from the tension being felt in the rest of the body or the fact that he suffers from sinus. He drinks multiple headache tablets daily.

Is there any medication out there that can be taken daily that will not have he same type of impact on the stomach as anti-inflammatory' s (these tend to make him feel nauseous ) that would be able to alleviate the pain.

Hallo Noeline
His pain may be referred pain due to chronic muscle spasm in the back and chest - I suggest that he goes for an evaluation by a physiotherapist to exclude this before considering long term chronic pain medication use (which is bad for your kidneys) Maybe his GP should also take x/rays of the hand and breast bone to see if he developed arthritis due to the previous injury.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/01

Hallo Noeline

Reply to cyberdoc