Question
Posted by: Linda | 2012/08/11

Captules

Hi, my doctor prescribed me strong tablets/capsules for 30 days. The pharmacy didn''t have the tablets so they gave me capsules. I JUST CAN''T drink capsules. It hurts my throat and I ALWAYS choke on it. Will it be bad if I open it and throw it in some water or juice and drink it like that?

Refer to my answer on your second post.

3
Posted by: Linda | 2012/08/11

Hi CYBERDOC,
Hi, my doctor prescribed me strong tablets for 30 days. The pharmacy didn''t have the tablets so they gave me capsules. I JUST CAN''''T drink capsules. It hurts my throat and I ALWAYS choke on it. Will it be bad if I open it and throw it in some water or juice and drink it like that?
The doctor did write on the prescription ''tablets''. Still wondering if it will do any damage if you empty it.
Linda

Reply to Linda
Posted by: Linda | 2012/08/11

Hi CYBERDOC,
Linda

Reply to Linda
Posted by: Tanya | 2012/08/11

Capsules are made this way for a reason and should not be emptied out. Think its got something to do with ''slow release'' into your system.

What medication is it? Antibiotic or what?

Reply to Tanya