Posted by: Jenny | 2009-09-03

I struggle to swallow capsules. Would it be ok to open the capsule and put the contents in some water or juice and drink it, or is it more beneficial to swallow the capsule whole?
Kind regards,

Hi Jenny
Some medications will be inactivated by the stomach acid, and therefor they place the medication in capsules that only dissolve in the deodenum. Try this trick - put the capsule in your mouth, take a small bottle with water ( like a Coke bottle) , put your mouth around the top and swallow the water this way..let me know if it works!

Posted by: Jenny | 2009-09-07

Hi Dr Bets,
Thank you for your response. I did try drinking from a small bottle, and it didn' t help. I find that if I take the capsule with a little juice, it does help.
Thanks again.
Kind regards,

Reply to Jenny