Posted by: Shelby | 2010-11-15

Can''t walk sometimes

Hi there,

In high school, I had a chair in the science lab pulled from under me as I was sitting down. It is the height of a bar stool, so the fall was more than a metre. I had physio on my cocyx and carried around a cushion to sit on.

A few years ago I had IVF treatment and had to have 36 injections in two weeks. I used mainly my right buttock as it was more comfortable. I eventually fell pregnant naturally but my right buttock muscle was in constant spasm and prevented me from walking at times. My Gynae prescribed Tramacet.

After giving birth, it has eased up slightly but there are still times when it goes into spasm. I have gone to our local Chiropractor who rubs it and then put needles into it. It helps slightly.

When I lie down on a hard floor, my lower back clicks by itself and this eases the pressure. Do you think this is a muscle pulling because of stress or is it from the old injury? Is there anything else I can do to ease the pain?

Thank you for your time.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Your chiropractor should possibly be doing more than simply "rubbing it, and putting needles into it" . There quite possibly is a sacro-iliac involvent that requires some mobilisation. Hope this helps you Shelby - if you need more advice, please e-mail me at