Question
Posted by: Marinda | 2011/06/16

Can''t tell the difference anymore

Suffer from anxiety and cyclothymic disorder. I''ve been on meds now for over a year, had a breakdown, cried for 3 days. Is it my disorder or just loneliness?

Could be either or both. I hope you are making sure your condition and its treatment, are being assessed and treated by a proper specialist psychiatrist, and not only by a GP, as such mood disorders deserve and need a properly expert assessment and advice

2

Posted by: Maria | 2011/06/17

Hi Marinda,

You are clearly very distressed at the moment. Are you seeing a psychologist? You need, and deserve, some support in your life. Counselling can help you cope with your illness, and also encourage you to connect with other people. You must speak to your prescribing doc to assess how much of your problems are related to meds.

Take care

Reply to Maria