Question
Posted by: Cant take this anymore | 2010/08/30

Cant take this anymore

Please help me. I have a terrible habit of looking up diseases on the internet - I suffer extreme anxiety as a person and I feel compelled (OCD) to look up my symptoms and then petrify myself - currently I cannot find my symptom and think that I am the only person in the world with this disease so am worried the doctors may not know how to treat it! Why do I do this to myself? Its driving me mad, mad, mad!

Dear Can't take this anymore
You have probably correctly diagnosed yourself as anxious and slightly obsessive compulsive - so half the fight is won already - there are very effective medications one can take to reduce anxiety and OCD symptoms, like Aropax. Now take the next step and discuss with your GP so that you can get treatment. And remember - doctors look at more than just symptoms, you need to look at the WHOLE picture - symptoms, signs, history, trend of symptoms and signs, family history, and the physical examination, before you can make a diagnosis. Ons can read up on the internet about your condition after your doctor made the diagnosis, but trying to diagnose yourself via the net is not really useful.

2
Posted by: judy | 2010/08/30

Hi, go to Expert - Cybershrink and read my post nr 1100 regarding this matter, every disease I''ve got I am linking towards cancer!!! It is called hypochondria. I even went to the doctor for a pulled muscle but was pretty sure that I have a sort of cancer.... people would not understand this anxiety, you can email me if you want to - believe you me you are NOT the only one with this " disease" ! Am pretty sure Dr Bets will help you!!!

Reply to judy
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/30

Dear Can't take this anymore