Posted by: Ma | 2013-01-29

Can''t stop scratchhing

Hi, My dog a large dobberman can''t stop scratching and biting himself. Dipped him, washed him, powered him but nothing helps. Had him shaved in December he has a very long coat. took him to the vet she said i must dip him and keep doing what I am doing. But is istill not working. He has no hair left on his back and his skin is all dry.

I done the same with my foxy, and she doesn''t do it so often but she too is still scratching.

Please advice, I can''t stand seeing him suffer any more.

There are a lot of different things that can cause your dog(s) to be itchy, including food. If your dog is scratching all the time it is important to find out what is causing the itch.
Make sure that you are feeding your pet scientific balanced ration. This sounds like a food allergy especially since both your dogs are scratching. Ask your vet or the VetShop personnel for nutritional advice. Other causes includes flea-bite allergy.

Posted by: ma | 2013-01-29

Hi Mini Me,
Thank you, I will change food, have to try anything for my poor babies.

Reply to ma
Posted by: Mini me | 2013-01-29

Hi there,

I had Scottish Terriers that also used to scratch. I also tried everything, until I changed their food.

It seems that they were allergic to grain that they use in many dog food.

Hope it helps and good luck :)

Reply to Mini me