Question
Posted by: Crying | 2012/07/10

Cant stop morning

Dear Doc
My fiance and I broke up after a difficult 30 months.
However, even though we both know we were not really compatible, I can''t stop morning. I am on antidipressents, seen a psyciatrist for very long with no betterment. I am getting worse and do not want to live anymore.
How does one recover after losing a loved one?

I don't know what diagnosis your psychiatrist made, why you were seeing him, or what the drug treatment was supposed to achieve, or indeed whether you told him the whole story. If you were having painful and upsetting continuing problems with your fiancee, such problems are NEVER EVER cured or much helped by antidepressants medicines. And there is a very important difference between being sad ( for good reasons ) and being depressed.
You obviously need to see this psychiatrist urgently and discussing all this in full with him, and probably need psychotherapy / counselling rather than only chemicals.
Getting over hurt in a situation like yours is unpleasant, difficult, but POSSIBLE. Sooner than you expect, you will be moving through this and recognizing that if he could cause you all the grief of the relationship and the break-up, you will be better off without him. But do get counselling to help you achieve this properly.

2
Posted by: Lils | 2012/07/11

Mmmm maybe if you stop morning and start mourning you''ll be able to do less mourning in the morning ...

Reply to Lils