Question
Posted by: SY | 2012/04/12

Cant stop eating

I can''t stop eating bad food and I need to lose 25kg. I manage to motivate myself and start a healthy diet and stick to it 100% and lose approx 4 to 5 kg''s over a couple of months. Then I just lose total interest and start eating rubbish again and put it all back on. The motivation just goes for some reason or other and then I stress about what I am doing but cant stop. Why do I lose the motivation and why cant I stop eating so much rubbish?

OK, please for a start stop misleading yourself. It isnt true that you CANNOT stop eating junk food, but that you have not, thus far, stopped eating junk food for long enough. The fact that you have done so for as long as a couple of months PROVES that you are able to do so ; so the next challenge is maintaining it, once you've started.
As with alcoholics with alcohol, it's important, if you slip up and eat a couple of Bad Things that you know you shouldn't, not to despair and wail and throw up your hands in horror announcing that all is lost, and then treat your anxiety with loads of comfort food, but just to take it calmly, as a brief error reflecting a long-standing bad habit, and calmly return to your diet.
If you never get the wrong sort of foods or have them in your home, it becomes much more difficult to relapse. If you have some of the naughty foods in the fridge or cupboard, you will hear them singing to you and luring you to them. Banish them from your home. And make sure you lose all the numbers of fast-food stores, and to stay out of them. Tell all your friends and work-mates that you are on this diet, and ask them to remind you, to avoid ever tempting you with the wrong foods, and to interfere if you seem about to relapse.

2
Posted by: Tim | 2012/04/12

Keep dried fruit, rasins &  berries etc with you and eat a ltilte bit of them when you feel your energy levels are down. Most junk foods contain alot of sugar so when you eat it, it sends your sugar levels up, then insulin is secreted by the pancreas to bring the levels down then you feel weak then you have more junk food to bring the levels up again. This yo-yo effect you need to prevent.

Reply to Tim