Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2011-03-16

Cant stop eating

Can you give me some tips to stop craving for all the bad foods...

Lucy

Dear Lucy
Cravings for high-fat or sugary foods (which I presume you mean when you speak about 'bad' foods), may be due to a lack of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a compound that improves the mood and when its levels in the brain get too low, the body compensates by making you crave carbohydrates (which help to increase the serotonin levels again). It is important to eat at least one low-glycaemic index carbohydrate food at each meal. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. If your cravings are not due to low serotonin levels, but habit, then you will have to gradually wean yourself of eating them. Make sure that you have a well balanced diet and eat regular meals and every time you want to eat a chocolate bar or a cream puff, have a raw veggies snack instead.

2
Posted by: Dianne | 2011-03-22

I eat coprrrectly and have gained 10kg''s in 4 months... what could be the problem of this, besides having Addisons disease and swollen fee most of the time and lots of headaches and tests been done.. Not even my Physician has an answer nor the endrocinologist

Reply to Dianne
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-03-16

Dear Lucy