Question
Posted by: Tearful | 2012/10/09

Cant stop crying

Hi Doc,

A few weeks ago my fiance removed a cancerous tumour from his leg. At first we didn''t know it was cancerous until the results came back. He had to go for scans/MRI blood work to make sure nothing had spread and thank God, nothing had spread. We just waiting for a follow up appointment to discuss the next steps now and for him to have a second operation to remove tissue around the area as a precaution.So basically he will be just fine. When im with him im strong and positive for him. But as soon as Im not with him I crumble and cannot stop crying. y am I still so sad even though I know hes going to be ok and it was not an aggressive tumour?I have become so frightened now of all the " what if''s?"  I love him to pieces and i cant imagine my life without him. Any words of encouragement are welcome.I just wish he did not have to to go through this.

Sometimes we get quite a way through life being optimistic to an unrealistic degree, and then when faced with this sort of major challenge, we may switch, inappropriately, from expecting everything to be fine, to being unduly gloomy and expecting something awful to happen again at any time.
Its good that you have managed to appear strong and positive when with him, but obviously this event, these fears that something so bad can happen to anyone you love ( or even to you ) is a shocking realization. It would be very well worthwhile both to talk this over with friends and family, and to seriously consider seeing a psychologist / counsellor to talk this throuhg, to help you to get this all back into perspective, so you can enjoy your time together. None of us know whether the time we will be able to spend with a loved one will be brief or long, but the most important thing which we CAN control, is to improve the quality of that time.

4
Posted by: David | 2012/10/19

good day maam/sir!..i just want to inquire if you have any scuhdele of bosh and ohnap training for the month of august?when is the date of training and how much would be the fee..?i am presently working as a company nurse.thank you!

Reply to David
Posted by: Tearful | 2012/10/11

Thank you Sam for your kind words. I am sorry to hear of what you went through and I am happy to hear that everything is ok now. You are right everything is ok now and now its time to appreciate each other to the fullest. Everything will be ok, thank God :)

Reply to Tearful
Posted by: Sam | 2012/10/10

I am sorry to hear the ordeal that you went through. But you have made it through and now you can carry on with your life and as CS says, make it quality time.

I also broke down recently. I was 8 months pregnant and the gynae told me my baby had stopped growing and had to come out early. On the same day my first born child was in hospital having seizures and brain scans. I just burst into tears, it was a natural reaction as I could not take it anymore. But everything was okay in the end. It is amazing what doctors can do these days. Don''t worry, you are in good hands.

Keep smiling!

Reply to Sam