Posted by: Desparate | 2009-09-14

Cant sleep is menopause the problem? plse help

Dear Doc, plse help I am 55 and young at heart going through Menopause ... most of the time I battle to sleep. Plse help
as I have to work and it makes me extremely tired.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Many women have a sleep problem when they go through menopause. First, I would suggest you discuss with your gynecologist whether there is some non-hormonal agent which might reduce your symptoms. Regularity of your sleeping habits is essential. Dont spend too long in bed. Make sure you have hobbies to keep your mind busy, and so that you have a purpose when you get up during the day. If this doesnt work, you might need to see a sleep doctor to try and help you further.