Posted by: patro | 2012-03-30

cant sleep at night

hi doc im 38 years female i cant sleep at nigth at all.its being years i did never go to a doctor or take tablets for this problem i ve been living with the morning i am just normal like everybody who has slept well. sometimes when i woke up if feel like tired but not all the nite i go to bed like everybody feeling like sleeping but when i am in the bedroom nothing is happening i will roll for the whole nite till the worrie is what if something is being damaged from my brain or in my head,please help.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

If you are not tired, and you are functioning well during the day, it means that somehow or other you are, in fact, getting adquate sleep!

There are a number of reasons why it might feel like you are not sleeping, but very likely you are just someone who needs less sleep than others to function.

DON'T try going to bed earlier - you will only worsen the problem. Keep your bedtime and waking time regular.

And most importantly, use the time you are not sleeping creatively. Don't just toss and turn - use the time perhaps for a hobby, or for reading. If you do not need as much sleep as others, it means, in fact, that your life has been lengthened by that many hours per day - don't waste that time, its a gift.