Posted by: Monica Swart | 2012-05-29

Can''t sleep

I need to know i have been on Zolnox for 2 years, But lately i just can''t fall a sleep i take my tablets by 9 o clock then i am still not sleeping by 12 please can you advice me what to do.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The problem with sleeping pills, of whatever sort, is that one becomes used to them, so that you end up with the same bad sleeping pattern you had before, only now you need the pills to maintain it. Then, if you try to come off them, you end up having a severe insomnia for a couple of weeks.

What you need is to see someone who can help you correct your sleep habits so that you are getting a good night's sleep without the need for sleeping pills. Just DON'T try increasing the dosage - it will not give you any benefit, and a change in medication is also not likely to help.