Question
Posted by: jade | 2008/09/15

cant loss weight

hey diet doc

im 14 and i have previously had pretty bad eating habbits going from not eating hardly any carbs or protien and weighing 48kg 163cm tall, and not having my period for a year, my mum then made me start eating carb and as soon as i started eating them it was as if my body craved them and couldnt get enough... so i over ate.. this made me paranoid about putting on weight so i exersised my butt off for a few weeeks but then went on holidays and couldnt continue to do as much exersise but still craved carbs and i have put on so much weight.. im not 58gk!! and feel really horrible and depressed coz im 10kg heavya! i have now got my peroid back tho. I went to a dieticain she told me that i had anerexia and that i should eat 5 times a day and 2000 calories eat more protien and dairy (im a vegataian)

but i want to loss weight so i have been trying to eat less then 2000, more like 1500 to 1800 but i just cant loss weight.. i do exersise too. HELP

Dear Jade
You do realise that you are in the throes of an eating disorder? Your obsession with your weight, your poor eating habits, your fear that you are fat now that you weigh 58 kg and have at last got back to a normal, ideal BMI of 21,8, your excessive exercising, your ignoring what your dietitian has advised - all these things point to the fact that you are still in the grip of anorexia and that you Must go back to the dietitian and also see a clinical psychologist to help you stop trying to destroy yourself. For your own sake and to prevent you from ruining your whole life and your health, please see your dietitian again and ask her to also refer you to a clinical psychologist ASAP.
Take great care

3
Posted by: concerned | 2008/09/19

I' m 1.6 and i' m only trying to get back to 60kg' s where i looked great with glowing skin and gorgeous hair...

My pressure also started at 13 when my boyfriend asked me why i was getting fat and i tried to laugh it off but it sat there in my brain and chowed away.

At least you seem to have a great support (someone is helping you stay healthy)...taking you to dietitian...on holiday so you don' t go nuts in the gym...etc.

Stay away from people that cause the insecurity. At 16, your hormones will have stabilised and you wont feel so insecure anymore (if you stay away from the bad crowd)...Good luck...

Reply to concerned
Posted by: jade | 2008/09/16

hi Amanda

i lost weight from eating lots of vegtables and fruit exercising and liking the feeling of being hungry... eating no more then 1600 calories a day, unless it was a bad day. Eating a big breakfast and small lunch and tea. drinking atlest 2let of water a day(ice cold if possible) and eating not many carbs.... no bread, pasta or rice.. just porage and some sweets on the very odd occasion, and i just told myself that i couldnt eat thinkngs like bread and pasta or cheesy things and i never even thought about eating em.

but seriously IT DOESNT WORK!!!! you need balance.... eating so few calories and not eating carbs and protien everyday was a bad idea.. i lost my peroid and heaps of ppl said i looks awful. I also put most off it back on.. since i couldnt keep eating like that. PLEASE DONT DO IT!!

best of luck

Reply to jade
Posted by: Amanda | 2008/09/15

Hi Jade

What exactly did you do, im dying to loose but am struggingl

Reply to Amanda