Question

Cant lose weight what am I doing wrong?

Hi am female 44years, 1.65m, 63-64kg. It seems i cannot keep my weight down, I would like to get about 5kg off but am really battling. Breakfast would consist of banana, yoghurt and a muesli breakfast rusk then at 10am a salad sandwich on albany health bread. For the rest of the day I snack here and there on a rusk, banana maybe a savoury muffin. Dinner would consist of whatever I am making for the family (normal family dinners) I try to cut down on the carbs part and have a lot of salad with my dinner. I try get exercise in as well, though I know that it is not enough. I would drink 1 cup coffee and 2/3 cups rooibos tea, water and tab during the day. What can I do more or less of? Thanks

Dear Can't Lose Weight
Seeing that your present BMI = 23,2, which is very close to the ideal for adult women, your body will resist losing more weight because it always tries to maintain a balance or homeostasis. The diet you describe is also not completely balanced and you may find that using a more structured approach will help you shed the last 3 kg to reach an ideal BMI of 22. Rather do more exercise than to starve yourself all the time as this encourages the body to conserve its reserves and not to lose weight. Exercise on the other hand, not only increases the use of kJ, but also stimulates the metabolism and tighten muscles.

3
Posted by: Sam | 2012/04/24

HI there i am battling to loose centimeters, what do i need to eat or avoid eating for me to loose centimeters.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Elizabeth | 2012/04/24

The only way I can lose weight, is by cutting out all the carbs and increasing the proteien. See the articles written by Prof Tim Noaks on eliminating Carbs from your diet. You will lose weight.

Reply to Elizabeth

Dear Can't Lose Weight