Question
Posted by: Tinks | 2011/06/22

Can''t lose weight!

Hi DietDoc. I am 38, 1.69m and 66kgs. I eat healthily with a few treats each week, all in moderation. I also walk briskly between 5 and 10km''s 4 days a week and I just cannot lose any weight. In fact, my weight is slowing going up. Do you think I should have any tests done? Thanks.

Dear Tinks
Your present BMI = 23, which is practically ideal for your height, so there is no need to try and lose additional weight. You are already eating a health diet and doing plenty of aerobic exercise, so please stop stressing about your weight. Stress is a factor that can have a negative effect on body weight, so enjoy your walking and your lovely figure.

2
Posted by: Lee | 2011/06/22

Your weight seems fine to me but here what the good doc says. why dont you try running for 1 minute in between every 3 minutes of brisk walking? You can build up the running progressively but this spurt of energy will get your metabolism kick started again. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Check out the Weight Loss Chat Forum (see top of page)

Reply to Lee

Dear Tinks