Posted by: tee | 2011-08-02

cant hold urine

Hi doc,

I''ve noticed lately that when I have to use the bathroom I can''t hold it like I used to. When I get closer to the restroom I try to hold it til I sit on the toilet but some still comes out. Not a little usually quite a bit. To the point where I have to change underwear. I don''t know why, I understand this might happen to older people but I am only 20 years old.

It is very possible that you have an overactive bladder. You wil have to consult an urologist for an examination and cystoscopy, where the bladder is examined internally with a camera that is past through the urethra into the bladder.

Make an appointment as soon as possible to receive treatment.