Question
Posted by: ANA | 2008/06/18

CANT FALL PREGNANT AFTER DNC

Hi i had a Dnc a 16 months ago , For a Year After the Dnc i neva had a period i am now starting to get irregular period,I Strugle 2 fall pregnant again,Please Advise on ways or Meds to Increase me falling PREGNANT again,,,

Dear Ana
It is uncommon for you not to see your period after having a D & C. However, if after a D & C, a whole year has gone by and you have not seen a period then one needs to assess as to why this period is not coming on. The most common problem of not seeing your period after a D & C is the possibility of something known as Asherman’s syndrome. This is when the two portions of the uterine wall gets stuck to each other and doesn’t allow for the endometrium to grow. There however are other causes such as hormonal problems, which would include anovulation, high prolactin levels or thyroid dysfunction. My advise is to please go back to your gynaecologist so if he can exclude any of these problems.

1
Posted by: DJB | 2008/06/23

I had a D&C on feb 2008 ia am not pregnant yet. My periods was also mix up. Dr gave me provera to regular my perods that help.

Maybe you should go for a second opinion.

Good luck!!

DJB

Reply to DJB