Question
Posted by: NA | 2011/03/07

Cant do this anymore

Good day, hope someone will have some answers for me,

How do you tell your partner of 7 yrs with whom you share a child that you dont have energy for the relationship anymore?

I have been diagnosed with depression a few yrs ago and still srugling even though i am on meds(the best i have been on so far)

One day i love my fiance the next i dont the next he irritates me and the next day i feel like he is running my life, i am so confused i cant seem to leave, i am so afraid it will be the wrong desission. he doesnt believe that my depression is real and tells me it is all in my head and i am using it as an excuse. I am now at the point where i am starting to doubt if it is real or am i just imagining things and seeing it as a easy way out? i still do whatever i have to like cleaning, working looking after the child and so forth i am not irrisposible just very confused, why do i sometimes feel uncontrolably happy and the next day so down that i just want to do nothing but sleep and cry?

I dont feel my fiance love or likes me anymore and either he does no know how to tell it to me or he is also confused and not sure? One day not to long ago we had a fight and he told me the only reason he is with me is bcause of our child then when we made up after a few days i confronted him about what he said at first he denyed saying it and then said that he said it because he was mad. since then i have made a point of listening carefully to anything he says, not to pick a fight just to really listen to him to find out his true feelings without me saying a thing and over the weekend i have realised that everything he finds attractive in or on a woman is everything i dont have, i cant say i love him and dont want to lose him because one day i love him the next i dont?

I dont know what to do some advice will be appreciated
thank you

As I so often point out, proper management of depression should always include some counselling, as well as chemicals. It sounds as though there are still many aspects of your depression which have not responded well to the meds and still need to be dealt with.
Of course, in a sense, depression is "all in the head" - where on earth else should it be ? That's like saying that appendicitis is "all in the appendix".
Maybe you need a second opinion on the best way to manage your depression, surely to include some counselling, perhaps of the CBT form. And maybe, in time, some couples counselling, too.

1