Question
Posted by: Candice | 2010/07/20

Can''t control my feelings

I am a 32 year old married woman with one child.
I have recently watched the Twilight series and have become a total mess.
I cry at night as I feel desperate to experience that kind of love. I have a loving husband and a good life but since I''ve watched this movie I feel like a teenager. I cannot believe the emotion I''m feeling, it feels like my heart is going to break. I can''t concentrate on anything.
This is what teenagers should feel but I''m a grown woman with a family, why am I so emotional and desperate?

There is absolutely no such love in the real world ( nor much else matching the cunically manipulative Twilight juggernaut ) so nobody, not even the actors, have ever experienced what they depict. Its not just that the series is a work of fiction, but remember it is cynically and carefully designed to have this sort of manipulative effect on people.
Presumably this has upset you because it has suggested to you that there could be a more profound sense of love than you have experienced, and you regret not having founf it. You should arange to see a mariage counsellor with your husband to work on enhancing the excellent relationship you now have, and finding ways to enhance it still further.
But no neck nibbling, please !

2
Posted by: Maria | 2010/07/20

Love as depicted in movies and books have very little in common with reality. You might as well believe that there are really werewolves and vampires out there.

The fact that the movie influenced you so profoundly seems to indicate that you have needs that are not being met in your relationship with your husband. I suggest you go and see a counseller to help you sort out what your real life desires are and how you might go about satisfying them.

Reply to Maria

But no neck nibbling, please !