Posted by: LF~2 | 2011-09-09

cant breathe - results in anxiety attacks

Dear Dr
Im four months pregnant &  suffering terribly with a stuffy/blocked nose. i feel very congested. This has persisted for almost 2weeks now getting worst. I spoke to my gynae, who suggested i see an ENT - which i sadly cannot afford at this stage...
i have used every possible home remedy: home saline, nasal sprays, steaming, humidifiers, neti pot, vicks, chicken soup, etc. I dont eat dairy products, wheat, sugar, sodas or caffeine at all!! i dont smoke or drink alcohol. I drink warm honey &  lemon water all the time...
i havent slept for 4nights because i cant breathe... i get up in a panic as Im all blocked up &  sometimes it results in an anxiety attack...what do i do! i am desperate! Cannot imagine going through this for the next 6months.
ps. i have never suffered from hayfever or sinuses before - this is the first time ever! Please help!!

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear LF2

Speak to your gynaecologist regarding possible medication if you can not see an ENT. Unfortunately the hormones of pregnancy also account for the problem. Your doctor may suggest a nasal spray that is safe in pregnancy.

Posted by: kate | 2011-10-19

dont feel alone- i am not pregnant but had the same problem at night. i went to see a homeopath that gave me some really nice meds that helps alot and really does work. it might be quit some money to spend on such dr but believe me it is worth it. it was about R450 with medication provided. it is also taken in consideration that you are pregnant and and and

Reply to kate
Posted by: Dweezil | 2011-10-16

What a joy to find such clear thininkg. Thanks for posting!

Reply to Dweezil