Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2012/05/04

can''t breathe deep enough

Dear Doc

The past 10 days I have had the sensation that I can''t breathe deep enough. I try to yawn a lot to relieve the feeling, but even I manage a good yawn I still feel as though haven''t managed a deep enough breath. I am female and 41 yo, healthy. What could be causing this? Could it be anxiety or maybe anemia? It is becoming an issue.

Racoon

There are many possibilities that will have to be excluded and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests, a lung function test, as well as x-rays of your lungs. Anxiety might be a cause but lung pathology will have to be excluded.