Question
Posted by: LF~2 | 2011/09/09

cant breathe - causing sleepless nights

Dear Dr
Im four months pregnant &  suffering terribly with a stuffy/blocked nose. i feel very congested. This has persisted for almost 2weeks now getting worst. I spoke to my gynae, who suggested i see an ENT - which i sadly cannot afford at this stage...
i have used every possible home remedy: home saline, nasal sprays, steaming, humidifiers, neti pot, vicks, chicken soup, etc. I dont eat dairy products, wheat, sugar, sodas or caffeine at all!! i dont smoke or drink alcohol. I drink warm honey &  lemon water all the time...
i havent slept for 4nights because i cant breathe... i get up in a panic as Im all blocked up &  sometimes it results in an anxiety attack...what do i do! i am desperate! Cannot imagine going through this for the next 6months.
ps. i have never suffered from hayfever or sinuses before - this is the first time ever! Please help!!

You have tried a number of things which don't help. You now need a specialist. You will have to save some money for this.

2

Posted by: Racoon | 2011/09/14

Hi LF~2

I had the same with all 3 my pregnancies, and all that helps is to sleep with your head well elevated. You need to use 2 standard pillows plus a continental. It6s completely normal for pregnancy as the mucous membranes become swollen due to the increase in blood volume. I can pretty much guarantee that this will solve your problem. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Reply to Racoon