Posted by: Cs | 2012-10-30

Can''t breath at night wakes me up.

Please can u help. I have had a bad cough for the past 2mnths.Went to my doc he gave me broad spectrum antibiotic,which I completed the course.Since then it has just got worse.He then gave me a course of cortisone to take,but still I am having such bad chest pains which wakes me up,a few years ago I was diagnosed with angina which I was given a spray to use.I am feeling totally drained and just inhaling causes such pain. Between my shoulder blades it feels as if someone has beaten me up.Do you think if I use the nebuliser would it help? My husband says I snore terribly at night do u think that this could be the cause of me waking up with the chest pains ?My Medical Aid does not cover for in hospital sleep therapy.Your help will be much appreciated.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

I am quite sure that a sleep problem is not at the bottom of this.

You need to see a specialist physician. This could be a heart problem or a lung problem, and I would definitely not leave it as it is.