Question
Posted by: cami | 2010-06-01

can''t be right

hello doctor
Quite a few years ago I got this thing that seemed to come from somewhere in my throat. It was a white/ish colour and had a really bad smell. Through internet research I''ve discovered they''re called tonsilloliths. My query is this: In the last year and especially over the last few months I''ve had them everyday sometimes more than one a day. This can''t be normal right? Why am I getting them and how can I stop them?

Hallo Cami
You can try to remove it yourself with a salt water rinse or gently squeezing it out if you won't gag, or you can see an ENT specialist and ask if they can remove it for you - it is caused by calcification of pus in the crypts of the tonsils when you get tonsillitis.

3
Posted by: anon | 2010-06-02

hey guys

They''re called tonsil stones, (google for it) and the only cure for it is to have your tonsils removed. I did it and I''m rid of the damned things!!!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Lee | 2010-06-01

Hi Cami, I''m not the doctor, but I also get these often and i think it is normal, not nice I know! Well that''s what I think, I''m looking forward to hearing the docs answer.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-01

Hallo Cami