Question
Posted by: JC | 2009-08-27

canola oil has been internet hoax since 1999................its just an email hoax

Canola Oil: Latest Internet Hoax Victim
Posting Date: 09/03/1999

There are a lot of hoaxes and false health information being spread over the Internet that I?ve been collecting at HealthCentral in the
Internet Hoax Watch Center. One of the latest to come to my attention is about canola oil, also known as rape seed oil.

While canola oil has been shown to be beneficial, there has been a lot of bogus information showing up that defames the popular unsaturated product.

Dear JC
Thank you for this contribution. As I mentioned to a Reader the other day who posted the whole defamatory e-mail relating to the dangers of using canola oil, these e-mail hoaxes do the rounds regularly - just the product changes and the names and addresses of the so-called "experts" who are cited to lend credence to this nonsense. My advice is that anyone who receives an e-mail that states that any food or beverage is toxic and causes every disease know to mankind (or conversely that a food or beverage can cure every disease known to mankind!), should be deleted like those hoax e-mail we keep on receiving from tricksters who are trying to access our bank details.

1
Posted by: S G Nothard | 2009-08-28

If anybody wishes to consume Canola oil they are welcome to do so - I will not try to stop them. As for me, I won' t touch it with a barge-pole.

The experts tell us it' s harmless. Those at the the heart foundation endorsed the consumption of margerine! The hydrogenation process is horrific. It involves extremely high temperatures which destroy whatever nutrition there was in the oils, and turns it into plastic. Same as above, I will not touch it. And that goes for Soy products as well.

Reply to S G Nothard