Question
Posted by: Marty | 2010-07-07

Cannot get well after gall bladder op

I cannot get well after a gall bladder op. My GP just prescribes things for symptoms rather than getting to the cause (my opinion). My pulse races / heart pumps hard on occasion for no reason. I feel like " shocks"  going down my body sometimes. I have pain up my left arm but the GP has ruled out heart. Battle to sleep. Who could I go and see who could look at the whole picture?
I am desperate.
Marty

Hallo Marty
You may have a thyroid problem or a heart arrythmia - did they do an ECG? You also sound quite anxious to me, this can be the reason for the "shocks" and the sleeplessness. Ask your doctor to send away blood for Thyroid functions and a full blood count to check for anemia (you may have lost a lot of blood during the operation) If the ECG, Thyroid hormone test and Full blood count is normal, and he can find no other reason for your symptoms ask him to try something like Aterax to reduce your anxiousness and help you sleep better?
You can ask your doctor to send you to a physician for a second opinion if you will feel more comfortable to let someone else also have a look.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-07-07

Hallo Marty
dr Bets