Question
Posted by: uche | 2011/01/22

cannot concieve after i had D &  C

Hi doctor,i was pregnant 3 years ago and i lost the pregnancy after 5 month.I had D &  C,since then to concieve is a problem.Please advice me on what to do cause am confused.Thanks.

Dear Uche

It is highly unlikely that the D&C is the main reason for you infertility problem at the moment. I would recommend that you do a full and thorough investigation regarding the fertility problem and in particular to have an evaluation of fallopian tube patency. This can be done either through an x-ray called a hystosalpingogram (HSG) or via a diagnostic surgical procedure called a laparoscopy. In addition a full hormone evaluation and gynaecological would be required and your partners sperm analysis should be done as well.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/01/31

Dear Uche

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert